What is the Best Varicose Vein Treatment in Texas? Vein Doctor Answers
April 14, 2020
Let’s discuss the importance of varicose vein treatment in Texas.
Varicose veins are large dilated blood vessels that protrude out of the surface of the skin and look like dense masses of knotted and twisted ropes. The presence of varicose veins and spider veins is an indication that you have a severe medical condition known as chronic venous insufficiency.
Venous insufficiency is a dangerous circulatory disorder in which your vein valves collapse or malfunction. In healthy veins, these valves act as one-way doors to allow blood flow to the heart but prevent it from flowing back into your leg veins. Over time, as more blood accumulates in your leg veins, you suffer from vein dilation and the eventual formation of varicose veins and spider veins.
As such, the most important reason to consult a vein clinic or vein treatment center in Houston is to diagnose and treat vein disease. Failure to treat varicose veins and spider veins promptly can lead to the following complications:
- Unstoppable Bleeding: Dilated varicose veins and spider veins are more prone to bursting upon contact when you scratch or bump them. When that happens, you bleed profusely and have to be taken to the emergency room.
- Skin Disease: The breakdown of blood cells in your skin leads to skin disease. The skin on your legs develops a patchy, red, and leathery appearance.
- Skin Discoloration: The lack of blood circulation in your legs also leads to discoloration of the skin.
- Swollen Ankles and Feet: Vein disease leads to fluid accumulation, which leads to swollen ankles and feet.
- Leg Ulcers: The lack of blood circulation in your legs prevents wounds from healing. Consequently, you develop non-healing wounds on your legs, also known as leg ulcers.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis: This is a condition in which the accumulated blood in your veins clot and harden. DVT is painful, and there’s a risk of the blood clots traveling to the lungs, which can lead to a potentially fatal condition called pulmonary embolism.
Now that you understand the importance of varicose vein treatment in Texas, please read on to find out more about the best minimally invasive varicose vein treatments.
What is the best type of varicose vein treatment?
In the past, varicose veins and spider veins could only be treated using surgical procedures, such as vein ligation, vein stripping, and venous bypass surgery. Varicose vein surgery had a fairly low success rate and a high risk of complications, such as deep vein thrombosis and infections. Furthermore, vascular surgery necessitates that you get hospitalized for several days.
However, thanks to the advancements in vein care and modern technologies in recent years, modern varicose vein treatments are a lot more effective. The best type of varicose vein treatments is minimally-invasive procedures, such as radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal.
The following are some of the primary benefits of minimally-invasive varicose vein treatments:
- Minimally-Invasive and Non-Surgical: Modern minimally-invasive varicose vein treatments are non-surgical. The vein doctor or vein specialist will only have to create an incision on your skin to insert a catheter.
- Highly-Effective: Minimally-invasive varicose vein treatments have a 97% success rate.
- Comfortable: The vein dr will apply local anesthesia before the procedure and inject tumescent anesthesia into the diseased saphenous vein. As such, the entire varicose vein treatment will be painless and comfortable. You will experience negligible post-procedural pain and discomfort.
- Safe: Minimally-invasive varicose vein treatments are extremely safe, with a negligible risk of side effects and complications.
- In-Office Procedures: Minimally-invasive varicose vein treatments are in-office procedures, which means there is no hospitalization.
- Short Procedure: Minimally-invasive varicose vein treatments conclude within an hour, which is why most people do it during their office lunch hours.
- No Downtime: There’s no hospitalization or downtime, which means you can resume most of your daily activities immediately.
What are the best minimally invasive varicose vein treatments?
As mentioned above, the best minimally-invasive varicose vein treatments include radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal. The following is a brief overview of these minimally-invasive varicose vein procedures:
- Radiofrequency Ablation: The vein dr inserts a catheter into the problematic saphenous vein and generates thermal energy to destroy it, restoring smooth blood circulation.
- Endovenous Laser Ablation: The vein specialist inserts a laser fiber hooked to a catheter into the diseased saphenous vein and generates laser energy to collapse the diseased vein.
- VenaSeal: The vein physician or phlebologist injects a medical adhesive into the diseased saphenous vein to fuse its vein walls, essentially shutting it down to restore blood circulation.
How can I find the right Houston vein clinics?
If you’re looking for the right Houston vein clinics in Texas, you should focus on these qualities:
- Qualified Vein Doctor: Find a highly-skilled and experienced vein doctor with a great educational background. You must avoid a vein clinic that has a vascular surgeon who recommends varicose vein surgery.
- State-of-the-Art Vein Clinic: You must find a vein center with state-of-the-art infrastructure.
- Minimally-Invasive Varicose Vein Treatments: Look for Houston vein centers that provide the latest minimally-invasive varicose vein treatments described above.
- Insurance Coverage: Look for a vein center that helps you get insurance coverage for your varicose vein treatments.
Schedule a consultation with a vein treatment center in Houston.
Vein Treatment Clinic is a highly-reputable vein treatment center in Houston. You can contact our front desk to get in touch with our vein doctor or vein specialist who will diagnose the root cause of your varicose veins and spider veins, and then curate the ideal minimally-invasive varicose vein treatments plan. Our Houston vein clinic is highly accessible and located just a few minutes away from The Galleria shopping mall, one of Houston’s greatest landmarks. For more information, please schedule a consultation with our Houston vein doctor today.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our vein treatment experts is one of the best ways to determine the proper resolution for your varicose veins. The treatments can include sclerotherapy, laser or radiofrequency ablation, a medication called Varithena, or procedures such as Venaseal, or Clarivein.
get to know your
houston Vein Doctor
Calvin Jung MD
Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Doctor
Dr. Jung is a Houston vein doctor, experienced in some of the most innovative techniques and medical advances for the treatment of varicose veins and spider veins. His customized treatment plans focus on providing relief from the many symptoms of vein disease, including, leg swelling, restless leg syndrome, cramping, and skin discoloration on legs
New York Medical School